Digital India, the dream is on the way of becoming true and we are digitalized after the de-monetisation to a great extent, all our money is safe with our banks now and we have to just carry cards wherever we go, so it not only helps us to avoid getting worried about carrying huge money with us but also provides us safety from robbers and thieves both at home and outside.
Most of our bills are cleared online, be it electricity bills, phone bills or online shopping and restaurants leisure. We have to just swipe the cards and make the payments, our life is made the way easier but then the question arises, ‘Are we safe online?’ In the world of hacking and cheats, yes we are safe promises SBI bank to its customers on #SBIComputerSecurityDay
They are always with us to guide us on ways to use our Cards and ATMs securely through advertisements on television and alerting us to registered mobile and emails.
Ways to Avoid Credit/Debit/ATM Frauds as suggested by SBI -
1. By heart your ATM pin, and keep changing the ATM pin regularly, do not save ATM pins on notes in phone or write anywhere on diaries, it can be risky.
2. While swiping cards do not trust anyone, keep your physical presence while card swiping, don't give the cards to the staff working in malls or hotels to clear your bill.
3. Keep your pin a little complex, because 1111 or 1212 are very easy to guess and can be easily cracked on missing of Card.
4. Browser security and internet security is a must, banks always advise people to surf on the web safely, because open public Wi-Fi, free Wi-Fi, and browsing on phone of friends for Material bank transactions saves the password of your bank account.
5. Do not rely on free offers and ads while swiping the card.
6. Do not share the answers to any personal questions like 'your childhood name' or 'your favourite place' to anyone, while changing the passwords of your account.
7. It is always advisable to use ON/OFF facility provided by the banks while making international usage of debit cards.
8. Avoid VISHING CALLS, the bank never calls anyone to ask any personal information related to account details or such sensitive data, so it is always better to avoid them else they can use our personal data to mislead us. Do not share any FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS DETAILS OVER PHONE CALLS.
9. Keep your passwords and IDs confidential, do not share or write them anywhere, keep a password which is STRONG AND HARD TO GUESS by others. Also, don't keep identical login IDs and passwords, they can be easily cracked by cybercrime gangs.
10. Keep your registered mobile number and mails safely and on the missing of the registered phone, report it immediately to the bank so that they take further action.
11. Do not share OTP with anyone.
12. Erase browser history after logout.
13. Don't keep more than required beneficiaries for money transfer, because It is your duty to be safe first.
E-banking is a boon, don’t be careless and make it a bane
Digitalization is making our life easy but, everything has their advantages and disadvantages. It’s not actually disadvantages in case of banks if we transact safely online following the guidelines as laid down by banks; because prevention is always better than cure and as they say, ‘Donate Blood but not on the roads but in hospitals’ (means drive safe) the same is with banking. It is advisable to spend money but always for the good there is no use in getting involved in any cybercrimes or misuse personal bank accounts (Safe E-banking).
Comments on this beam
Leave a comment